In Episode #180 Ari – joined by special guest hosts Nick Sonnenberg, founder of [Calvin App](http://www.calvinapp.com/) and co-founder of [Less Doing Virtual Assistants](http://www.lessdoing.com/VA) – interviews Abelard Lindsay, the creator of CilTep, a powerful, over-the-counter nootropic. Listen as Ari and Abelard talk brain chemistry, memory development, and cognitive function.
##[Rockefeller Roundtable](http://helmsociety.com/ari-meisel-ceo-roundtable-nc/) Come watch Ari regale a roundtable of avid [Helm Society](http://helmsociety.com/) listeners with the lessons of Less Doing on September 9th from 10AM to 2PM in New York City.
##[Freeing Finland](http://www.biohackersummit.com) Come watch Ari and a collection of other well-renowned biohackers free the people of Finland from their bodily limitations at the 2015 Biohacker Summit being held in Helsinki, Finland from September 23rd through September 24th. Those interested in attending can [buy tickets here](http://biohackersummit.com/#pl_areauf9k2sm).
##[Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 18:34 – Introduction of Abelard Lindsay—Director of Research Development for Natural Stacks
– 20:40 – Talking about CilTep
– 21:20 – Coming up with the foundational ingredients
– 21:53 – PDE4 inhibitors
– 22:26 – There’s a long cascade from short-term memory to long-term memory
– 24:50 – Abelard basically conducted self-study with supplements to find the basis of CilTep
– 26:20 – CilTep prolongs a state of wonder—it makes studying pleasurably addictive
– 27:28 – When dopamine receptors are activated, they release CAMP into the neuron which causes memory encoding to increase
– 29:08 – PDE5 is closely related to PDE4 but it drives sexual rather than mental arousal
– 30:30 – Developing the pathway to improvement and problem solving
– 33:10 – What Abelard takes regularly
– 34:25 – Can you overdo it on nootropics?
– 35:58 – Hard to clearly say because everyone is different
– 36:45 – Nexus, CilTep, and Mitogen all work on different systems
– 38:35 – None of Abelard’s stacks feature caffeine
– 39:10 – Abelard’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 39:18 – Get to know your brain
– 39:54 – Try to argue without using logical fallacies
– 40:28 – Write down ideas
– 41:38 – [www.AbelardResearch.com](http://www.AbelardResearch.com) and [www.NaturalStacks.com](http://www.NaturalStacks.com) and [www.axonlabs.io](http://www.axonlabs.io) and @CilTep
**5 Key Points:**
1. Memory isn’t a singular concept—there are different kinds of memory
2. Keep a written log of your ideas
3. Don’t necessarily be opposed to self-experimentation.
4. Become close friends with your brain—get to know it.
5. Nootropic can help you create and prolong a natural state of wonder.
– [The MiFold](https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mifold-the-grab-and-go-booster-seat#/story?utm_source=mifold.com&utm_medium=mifold.com&utm_term=hero_cta&utm_content=pre-order_now&utm_campaign=click-thru%20from%20mifold%20website)
– A grab and go Car booster seat – [Drones for Blood Testing](http://www.vocativ.com/news/216434/bloody-good-drones-actually/) – Exploring the use of drones for blood transfer, testing, etc. – [The Slack Post](https://theslackpost.com/?ref=producthunt)
– A simple online newspaper for the posting of all Slack integrations – [Chronic Inflammation and Behavior](http://www.medicaldaily.com/chronic-inflammatory-diseases-sometimes-cause-behavioral-problems-probiotics-might-345092)
– From Medical Daily, an article highlighting how probiotics can help with mental illness
– [Make a Game Out of Eating](http://www.yumit.io/?ref=producthunt)
— Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message