# Episode 122
In Episode #122 Ari shares his podcast with Alan Cash of [Terra Biological](http://www.terrabiological.com/), maker of Oxaloacetate-based health supplements like benaGene and CRONaxal. During their conversation, Ari and Alan talk about the importance of _Caloric Restriction _and the potential health benefits associated with Oxaloacetate.
**Special Announcements:** ## [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:** – **Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 19:04 – Introduction of Alan Cash, founder and CEO of [Terra Biological](http://www.terrabiological.com/)
– 19:37 – Alan speaks of the origins of Terra Biological
– 20:27 – Caloric restriction (over a lifetime) is key to increased longevity and day-to-day energy
– 23:47 – Too often in medicine we look for the _symptoms _rather than the _cause_
– 24:48 – NAD+, NADH and the NAD+ to NADH ratio
– 30:41 – In animal trials, reducing calorie intake changed the expression of genes by about 10%
– 30:51 – The DNA of the animals does not change, but the way in which the DNA turns on and turns off specific genes _does_ change in response to the environment
– 31:53 – Cognitive markers and Oxaloacetate
– 34:55 – For serious athletes Oxaloacetate can help convert lactic acid into useable glucose for energy
– 36:10 – Oxaloacetate has been shown to increase muscular endurance by 10%
– 36:41 – This application has important consequences for wide group of people, not just athletes
– 36:55 – The side effects of Oxaloacetate …is there a downside?
– 37:25 – Oxaloacetate has received an “orphan drug” classification from the FDA
– 38:34 – _Benagene _is the nutritional supplement version of Oxaloacetate
– 39:30 – Oxaloacetate under the brand name _Cronaxal_ can be used as a “medical food” to treat [Glial tumors](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glial_tumor).
3 Key Points:
- There is an impressive correlation between caloric restriction and increase lifespan.
- Too often medicine focuses on the symptoms rather than the cause.
- The way in which environmental factors activate or deactivate specific genes is instrumental in predicting human health.
Resources Mentioned: – [ExitStrategy](http://www.exitstrategynyc.com/) – An app for the NYC subway system to help people make their subway usage far more efficient
– [Bulletproof Drinking](https://www.bulletproofexec.com/alcohol-without-the-hangover-bullet — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message