# Episode 138
In Episode #138 Ari speaks with [Andy Murphy](http://andymurphy.biz/), a master of NLP – Neuro-Linguistic Programming – and mental-conditioning coach for a variety of successful athletes, business owners and entrepreneurs. During this week’s show, Ari and Andy talk about the potency of personal mental persuasion and define what makes NLP such a powerful tool for success.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**. ## [Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 19:53 – Introduction of Andy Murphy
– 20:30 – Andy defines NLP, what it is and how he got into it
– 21:51 – NLP is _really_ about retraining the unconscious patterns of the mind
– 22:15 – How were you _thinking, feeling and acting_ during moments when you were performing your very best?
– 23:20 – Andy defines Anchoring; how a smell, taste, sound, etc. takes you back to a specific place or moment.
– 24:15 – Anything can be used as an Anchor and there are both positive and negative versions
– 26:05 – How a baseball player approaches the plate before an at-bat is an Anchor
– 26:25 – Neurology is like a muscle; the more it’s worked and trained the better it performs
– 27:20 – The art of creating an Anchor
– 30:10 – NLP doesn’t just impact how we behave internally, it changes how we behave externally
– 30:45 – Defining a “State”
– 30:55 – How you’re thinking, breathing, projecting, etc. is a State
– 31:15 – We all have different States that we use for different situations and for different persons
– 32:20 – “Any road will get you there if you don’t know where you’re going”
– 32:55 – More than anything, Andy gives his clients a way to control their minds
– 33:55 – The main disconnect(s) between where entrepreneurs want to be and where they are
– 33:57 – Overwhelm, stress, anxiety
– 34:55 – “We get boxed in by the boundary conditions of our thinking”
– 35:48 – Self-sabotage is more often than not a consequence of our Flight-or-Flight reflex
– 36:30 – Your brain uses a filter for the conscious mind, just lik —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message