In Episode #199 Ari interviews [Chip Franks](http://www.joevolunteer.com/allaboutus/), a real estate entrepreneur who co-founded [Joe Volunteer](http://www.joevolunteer.com/), a project that aims to increase the number of volunteers helping anywhere in the world.
Listen as Ari and Chip discuss how Joe Volunteer plans to better connect volunteers and charitable organizations.
## [Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 16:16 – Frank joins the show.
– 16:25 – Chip takes care of three children with his wife Laura and owns a real estate company.
– 18:12 – Volunteering locations vary widely in the need for volunteers.
– 19:23 – Joe Volunteer is an app on which organizations can ask for volunteers for their events.
– 20:03 – Joe Volunteer is undergoing beta testing in the Austin, Texas area to work out bugs.
– 21:26 – There’s a crowdfunding campaign and IndieGogo fundraiser to further develop the app.
– 22:26 – The idea for Joe Volunteer began when Joe Polish mentioned that such a service would be useful during one of his podcast episodes.
– 24:33 – Chip heard the idea and decided to put it into action.
– 25:34 – Chip talks about his daily routine which he begins at 5 am.
– 28:14 – Chip uses the Headspace app and Anthony Robbins routines to meditate.
– 29:27 – Ari and Chip talk about the advantages of waking up early in the morning.
– 30:42 – Financial independence or a business that generates money by itself is a personal goal for Chip.
– 32:12 – Chip’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 32:14 – Think about your big ‘why.’ To become great, find a way to serve the many.
– 33:02 – Begin and continue a self-development project – one to act as a constant reminder to improve on oneself.
– 35:02 – Develop your very own daily practice. Do something physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally for yourself every day. Chip tries to do one kind act for another human being once a day.
– 35:32 – The best way to keep up with Chip’s project, Joe Volunteer, is to sign up to be a volunteer on the website.
**4 Key Points:**
1. The supply of volunteers varies widely for organizations – Joe Volunteer aims to provide potential volunteers with in-depth information about events happening around them.
2. Two sayings that Chip believes are the key to a focused life: “To be great, find a way to serve the many” and “Begin with the end in mind.”
3. Daily rituals set the tone for one’s life.
4. Anyone with an idea can bring it to life, it’s just a matter of being proactive.
– Any team can be acquihired – [Omni](https://t.co/K4ZvtDNiai)
– On-demand itemized physical storage – [Apifier](https://t.co/Wlzvh9YKYS)
– Dark Energy Poseidon – [Knote](https://t.co/nTTYyWTJ84)
– How to triple your blog traffic without lifting a finger – [Tech Crunch](https://t.co/nTTYyWTJ84)
– Kickbooster Will Pay You For Sharing Your Favorite Crowdfunding Campaigns – [Make Use Of](https://t.co/4FlF29KNKQ)
– 9 Easy IFTTT DO Button Tricks to Quickly Automate Your Life – [The Muse](https://t.co/9aQ49PMW9t)
– The 4 Secrets Behind Teams That Work Together So Well That Everyone Else is Jealous – [Chronos](https://t.co/wN7PlvaNg5)