# Episode 147
In Episode #147 with Christy Paul of [Talk Space](http://www.talkspace.com/), an online platform for therapy. During the final pre-Live Event episode, Ari and Christy talk about unfair stigmas, the benefits of therapy in the digital space and the future of mental health.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 26:36 – Introduction of Christy Paul of Talk Space
– 27:02 – What [Talk Space](http://www.talkspace.com/) is
– 27:50 – Christy describes her specific role
– 28:45 – Therapy has a really unfair stigma in our society
– 29:38 – When the story has to be written, there is a great-deal of self-checking
– 30:45 – Writing down the story also allows for personal and tangible progression tracking
– 33:10 – Visiting a therapist in-person can be really, really frustrating, particularly when there are weeks between conversations
– 35:20 – Sometimes therapy is most-beneficial when it is asynchronous
– 35:58 – Properly processing feedback from a therapist is exceedingly challenging when constricted to the timeline of a single 45-minute meeting
– 37:21 – From the therapist point of view, this is a very exciting new way to dynamically engage with clients from all over the world
– 39:25 – A lot of people seeking counselling on Talk Space are doing so because they are embarrassed or nervous to go into face-to-face therapy
– 41:45 – Wherever Christy is, she can converse with her clients and help them as it’s needed
– 42:40 – Compared to regular therapy, Talk Space is incredibly cost-effective
– 43:40 – The monthly Talk Space subscriptions cost $99
– 45:30 – Members of Talk Space need to be at least 18 years old
– 47:59 – Christy’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_:
– 48:32 – Recognize what your purpose is and live it out
– 49:02 – We are a culture of “me” and if you live your live only trying to serve yourself you will be unhappy
– 50:35 – No matter the circumstances, find a way to be happy
– 51:45 – TalkSpace.com
**7 Key Points:**
- Bad things happen to everyone—Find a way to be happy and move forward.
- Therapy can be an intimidating experience, particularly when it is a face-to-face encounter—Digital platforms (like Talk Space) can help patients be more open and forthcoming.
- Compartmentalizing mental health can be really counter-productive.
- Therapy and counseling have brutally unfair stigmas in our societ —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message