# Episode 145
In Episode #146 talks to Clay Hebert of [Crowdfunding Hacks](http://crowdfundinghacks.com/), a blog that talks tips and tricks when it comes to crowdfunding. During the interview, Clay details the differences between IndieGoGo and Kickstarter, explains what makes a campaign a boon versus bust and why some products simply don’t work for crowdfunding.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 30:00 – Introduction of Clay Hebert of [Crowdfunding Hacks](http://crowdfundinghacks.com/)
– 31:22 – Clay explains what he does: Help entrepreneurs fund their dreams using IndieGoGo and Kickstarter
– 32:34 – The concept of crowdfunding
– 35:10 – What _shouldn’t _be crowdfunded
– 35:35 – There needs to be a tribe of people who will get excited about the product being crowdfunded
– 35:46 – Is it a portable story that the backer will _want _to tell their friends about?
– 36:35 – You won’t get funding just based on the quality of your product: the quality of your marketing and your ability to find people who are willing to get interested are more important
– 37:55 – The importance of setting the right funding goal
– 38:12 – One of the biggest myths surrounding crowdfunding is the existence of a “crowd”
– 38: 35 – Set the funding goal as low as humanly possible to complete the project and deliver on your guarantees
– 39:00 – Lower goals give confidence for later backers
– 40:10 – Crowdfunded products are proof of market AND traction
– 40:35 – The two elements that make or break a crowdfunding campaign?—Traffic and conversion
– 41:10 – Traffic is rarely the issue, it’s conversion
– 41:45 – Tell a great story with the video and keep it as short as possible, ideally 2 minutes or less
– 43:07 – Own a position in your customer’s mind
– 43:40 – Fundraising and crowdfunding are NOT the same
– 45:15 – Fulfillment risk
– 46:00 – Lack of clarity—poor copywriting—is a huge issue with branding and marketing
– 47:45 – Momentum is big—Use the bartender fish —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message