# Summary: In Episode
#169 Ari chats with [Colin Darretta of Well Path](https://www.gowellpath.com/founders-story), a company dedicated to providing innovative solutions to personalized modern wellness. During the interview, Colin and Ari invest the majority of their time talking about health and wellness topics including supplements, sleep and proper nutrition.
**Sponsored By** :
– [FollowUp.CC](https://followup.cc/) – For years, FollowUp.CC has been Ari’s #1 recommended productivity tool. Now the Less Doing Nation has the opportunity to
**_try FollowUp.CC for a FULL YEAR – that’s right, 12 whole months – for ½ price!_
** To receive your 50% discount, use the coupon code “LessDoing” when you register.
##Fuel the Fire Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
##[Rockefeller Roundtable](http://helmsociety.com/ari-meisel-ceo-roundtable-nc/) Come watch Ari regale a roundtable of avid [Helm Society](http://helmsociety.com/) listeners with the lessons of Less Doing on September 9th from 10AM to 2PM in New York City.
[Freeing Finland](http://www.biohackersummit.com/) Come watch Ari and a collection of other well-renowned biohackers free the people of Finland from their bodily limitations at the 2015 Biohacker Summit being held in Helsinki, Finland from September 23rd through September 24th. Those interested in attending can [buy tickets here](http://biohackersummit.com/#pl_areauf9k2sm).
.## Subscribe to the Podcast or [Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 11:29 – Introduction of [Colin Darretta of Well Path](https://www.gowellpath.com/founders-story)
– 11:53 – How Well Path got started
– 14:13 – Supplements are nutritional insurance
– 14:38 – 90% of America is nutritional deficient in some vertical
– 14:59 – Generally speaking, it’s unrealistic to expect people to obtain all their nutrients via food
– 16:57 – Well Path pairs supplements with a broad range of macronutrient needs
– 17:35 – Well Path works to create holistic supplements, custom engineered for the individual
– 19:55 – The vast majority of GNC employees have no idea what they’re talking about
– 22:08 – Breaking down the definition of “customized” for Well Path
– 22:45 – Certain architypes come up again, and again, and again
– 24:15 – There’s a lot of data out there today about the quantified self, but no one is aggregating the qualitative
– 24:59 – Well Path’s 8 categories
– 27:02 – Some of Colin’s favorite supplements
– 27:30 – Most supplements that have legitimate heath benefits have been around for a while
– 29:10 – Go for trial and error with supplements
– 31:00 – Colin never takes new, trendy, “super-sexy” supplements
– 31:25 – Colin’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 31:37 – Get rid of your TV
– 33:12 – Stop surfing the internet—carte blanche
– 33:56 – Don’t try to hack your sleep
– 35:15 – [www.GoWellPath.com](http://www.GoWellPath.com)
**7 Key Points:**
1. You need your sleep—stop trying to hack it.
2. Get rid of your TV and stop surfing the internet.
3. Go with the oldest supplements, they tend to be the most effective.
4. Too often the focus is placed on quantitative data when it comes to health and wellness—don’t forget about the qualitative.
5. 90% of Americans are nutritionally deficient in some vertical.
6. Think of supplements as nutritional insurance.
7. It would be nice to get all of our nutrients from f
— Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message