In Episode #189 Ari interviews Daniel Vitalis of [SurThrival](http://www.surthrival.com/), a company that specializes in blending and supplying _quality_ natural supplements for an increasingly unnatural world.
Listen as Ari and Daniel talk Elk Antler Spray, Pine Pollen, and hardcore nutritional history.
## [Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– 0:43- Introduction of [JustWorks](https://www.justworks.com/) and Isaac Oats o
– 0:49- Just works helps small/medium business become compliant with payroll benefits o
– 1:08- Entrepreneurs spend too much time filling out paper work
– 28:15- Introduction: Daniel Vitalis the founder of [SurThrival](http://www.surthrival.com/)
– 27:41- Daniel has been obsessed with the ancient past since childhood
– 28:07- What would you do without influence from others?
– 28:43- The term ‘Rewilding’ was coined by Daniel and has since been made into an extensive product line o
– 29:06- Rewilding suggest that the domestic destruction we have created as a culture is reversible o
– 29:38- We often fight our wild side—we must realign ourselves with our human biology
– 30:16- The four elements, earth, water, air, and fire represent our interaction with the community of life on this planet
– 30:38- The Office removes all four natural elements from our environment with processing o
– 31:27- This isolated indoor environment does not foster life
– 31:55- Humans need to reincorporate natural things into life like healthy foods from farms and natural sunlight, air, water
– 32:29- We often get in our own way and prevent reconnection with nature
– 33:37- Is there a balance between urban and natural life?
– 34:04- Find what works for you o
– 34:56- Often people are too connected to their office environment and forget to reconnect with the natural environment we came from
– 35:36- Elk Antler Velvet supplement o
– 36:10- Everything at SurThrival is a crude food (unprocessed) o
– 36:53- Buck antlers grow at 2 inches per day, they eventually fall of an regrow year after year o
– 37:34- The rapid grown of antlers requires a lot of strong minerals and vitamins o
– 38:31- Elk Antler Velvet is administered through a dropper and puts about 24 different growth factors into the body
– 42:04 – Pine Pollen supplement o
– 42:13 – During pollen season, pine trees drop their sperm which is identical to testosterone in the human body o
– 43:10 – This type of testosterone is good for humans because it is a whole food o
– 44:03 – Pine Pollen is great for older men and women
– 45:13 – Daniel tries to emulate natural people when creating his diet o
– 45:23- The healthiest diet ever is the hunter-gatherer diet o
– 45:29- Modern diets are based on agriculture and are often lower in nutrition o
– 47:14- A low calorie, high nutrient diet lengthens lifespans
– 49:39- Intermittent fasting? o
– 49:51- It is naturally good to feel some feast and famine o
– 51:04 – Domestication creates an environment where nothing changes, but really we should live cyclically where everything changes all the time
– 54:20- Daniel’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_: o
– 54:26- You have instincts that deserve to be listened to o
– 55:09- Constantly adapt o
– 55:52- Don’t become ultra-effective only to lose your health later in life
3 Key Points:
1. Adapt or die—seriously.
2. Don’t limit or restrict your inner-wilderness just because society has become overly-domesticated.
3. If you’ve never had an opportunity to try a hunter-gather diet—try it.
– [The Less Doing WODcast](http://lessdoingwodcast.com/)
– A FULLY AUTOMATED daily w — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message