# Episode 142
**Summary** : In Episode #142 Air jump on the podcast with the one, the only, THE Dave Rael of [Optimized Programmer](http://optimizedprogrammer.com/)! During this episode, Ari revisits the early days of the podcast by conducting a solo “links” segment and asks Dave to talk in-depth about his brand new podcast automation software.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 14:58 – Introduction of Dave Rael as a first-time guest on the Less Doing Podcast and his new product _[Podcast Done!](http://podcastdone.com/)_
– 15:55 – Dave shares his background—his plan to become a teacher unexpectedly brought him to enterprise software development
– 17:59 – Ari and Dave chat about the various aspects of podcast development
– 20:35 – Audio development and quality aside, a blog post or show notes should complement a podcast
– 22:29 – What Dave’s software looks like
– 22:35 – Web-based
– 22:50 – Background process with no user-interface
– 23:05 – The initial user-interface is just a cloud-storage folder
– 23:50 – Why Dave feels there is a great deal of room to optimize time-stamping processes
– 24:20 – Dave details different aspects of Podcast Done!
– 26:15 – Making a better podcast means making a better workflow to development
– 27:15 –Dave’s software, will send notification emails for anything that cannot be automated (requires a human)
– 28:45 – It doesn’t all _need _to be automation; where human intervention is necessary there’s room for it
– 29:50 – Phase 1 of Dave’s system is setting up user-preferences as a podcaster
– 30:03 – Phase 2 is _actually_ setting up the individual podcast
– 31:35 – From the main root folder, Dave’s software will set up separate root directories for each individual podcast
– 33:20 – What is the definition of “podcast?”—Is it really just audio?
– 34:25 – Dave will be talking about podcast automation at the Less Doing Live Event and the software WILL be available
– 35:00 – Dave’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effec —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message