# Episode 124
In Episode #124 Ari sits down with Dr. Andrew Hill, the Lead Neuroscientist at [truBrain](https://trubrain.com/). During their conversation, Ari and Dr. Hill discuss the secrets behind nootropics at-length, including what makes them “go” and why they’re _so_ effective when it comes to helping people maximize their mind.
**Special Announcements:** ## [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 31:15 – Introduction of Dr. Andrew Hill, Lead Neuroscientist at [truBrain](https://trubrain.com/)
– 31:32 – What inspired Dr. Hill’s passion for nootropics
– 33:40 – How Dr. Hill joined truBrain
– 34:10 – Debunking some of the _Limitless_ myths surrounding nootropics
– 35:25 – Nootropics don’t give users a “high” but they do allow people to stay focused for longer periods of time
– 36:10 – The numbers behind truBrain
– 41:00 – Nootropics are not habit-forming; they do not produce tolerance, addiction, etc.
– 41:55 – [_Nootropics_] _won’t turn an idiot into a genius, but if that information is somewhere inside you they may help get it out._
– 42:40 – Verbal fluency and nootropics
– 43:40 – L-theanine is an amino acid found in tea leaves that produces a calming effect
– 44:48 – Even in the absence of tobacco, nicotine is still slightly carcinogenic
– 45:28 – The ingredients within truBrain
– 45:40 – The “-racetam Family”; chemicals synthesized from chemistry of [GABA](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Aminobutyric_acid)
– 47:50 – [Piracetam](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam) has a _dramatic _effect on cell membrane flexibility
– *49:24 – [Oxiracetam](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxiracetam)
– *50:56 – _The –racetam combined with a choline source is the 1-2 punch in truBrain_
– 49:00 – When choosing cognitive enhancers, choose things that have been around for a long time or use ingredients that are well established as “safe”
– 52:10 – Those with a history of stimulant abuse likely have a damaged dopamine system
– 54:12 – truBrain comes in a monthly pack and Dr. Hill recommends taking them _every_ day
– 55:05 – Dr. Hill’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_
– 55:12 – Performance has bottlenecks, stress being the most finicky
– 56:26 – Shift happens—The brain is an elastic, pattern-matching machine
– 57:50 – _SLEEP—_The easiest way to “hack” your brain is to wake up at the same time every day
– 59:17 – tr — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message