# Episode 162
In Episode #162 Ari interviews [Jeff Spencer of The Champion’s Blueprint](http://drjeffspencer.com/). During the episode, Ari and Jeff discuss the secrets to success in all aspects of life and highlight the unheralded importance of a good cornerman.
[Fuel the Fire]
(http://www.ippa.net/content/index.php?view=details&id=6%3A2015+IPPA+Business+Excellence+Conference&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=54) Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
- – 11:39 – Introduction of [Dr. Jeff Spencer](http://drjeffspencer.com/) of _The Champion’s Blueprint_
- – 13:27 – The less assuming tend to win in life
- – 14:49 – In life or in sports, everyone needs a body that can _perform_
- – 15:42 – Everyone needs a cornerman
- – 16:37 – There are 9 areas of life
- – 16:55 – The person with the most technical skill is not the champion—the champ is the person who’s ready for the 3-5 pivotal moments
- – 18:26 – Identify the real obstacles standing in your way
- – 19:14 – The punch you need to fear is the one you never see coming
- – 20:29 – History does not lie—it’s an amazing reference point and predictor of the future
- – 20:44 – Most people fail to prepare
- – 21:49 – How a cornerman is different from a coach
- – 23:00 – One good cornerman is better than 10 coaches
- – 25:40 – Jeff’s original cornerman
- – 27:13 – “My mentors saved my life”
- – 27:28 – “You can’t win alone, it’s impossible”
- – 30:00 – Sports are a great metaphor for life
- – 31:20 – Success has less to do with the small details and more to do with having all the elements in the equation moving harmoniously
- – 32:13 – Jeff’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
- – 32:24 – Will and talent cannot save you
- – 33:11 – Find a cornerman and hold on to him
- – 33:42 – No one wins alone
- – 34:28 — [www.DrJeffSpencer.com](http://www.DrJeffSpencer.com)
**7 Key Points:**
- 1. Having a high-performance body is not just important for athletes, it’s important for everyone.
- 2. Everyone needs a cornerman.
- 3. Don’t go it alone—in life, business, sports, anywhere.
- 4. Always prepare for the 3-5 pivotal moments that determine success.
- 5. Know thy history, love thy history.
- 6. Understand that sports are a wonderful metaphor for life.
- 7. If you want to be successful, building a blueprint isn’t just a good idea, it’s a necessity.
- – [The Human Charger](http://www.humancharger.com/r/lessdoing) – A device designed to help people defeat the adverse effects of jet-lag (promotion code: LESS10HC)
- – [Pycnogenol](http://www.pycnogenol.com/) – French maritime pine bark extract…one of the richest sources of antioxidants
- – [Movement and Circadian Rhythms](http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/lack-of-exercise-can-disrupt-the-bodys-rhythms/) – An NYT Blog discussing the role movement plays on circadian rhythms
- – [WordZen](http://www.wordzen.com/) – Gmail plug-in that allows for more effective emailing
- – [Front App](https://frontapp.com/home) – Shared email and SMS inbox for teams.
- – [Ikea Hack](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/ikea-standing-desk-hack_n_7033432.html) – A standing desk that can be built from $22 worth of supplies available at Ikea
- – [Thync](http://www.thync.com/) – A “thinking” headband designed to directly improve moods and energy
- – [Doorman](http://www.doorman.co/?utm_content=buffer179b3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer) – A service-based app designed for people without a doorman
– Audio Engineering provided by [Chris Mottram](https://christophermottramaudio.wordpress.com/)
– Original Music provided by [Felix Bird](http://2014.felixbird.c —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message