# Episode 141
In Episode #141 Ari chats with Erik Owings of [Mushin NYC](http://mushinnyc.com/erik-owings-c41.php), a New York-based gym that specializes in mixed martial arts fitness and training. In this interview Ari shares his personal history with Brazilian jujitsu while asking Erik about nutrition, mixed martial arts and entrepreneurship.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**. ## [Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 15:04 – Introduction of Erik Owings of Mushin and [Effectus](http://mushinnyc.com/conditioning-class-c12.php)
– 17:35 – Erik doesn’t enjoy the fighting of mixed martial arts, but he does love the lifestyle and training
– 18:55 – Brazilian jujitsu is an art of _control_, not submission
– 19:58 – There are 4 subsets of jujitsu that are all distinctly different
– 21:35 – Brazilian jujitsu conquers two fears – Getting really close to your opponent – Fighting from your back
– 24:00 – The best part of Brazilian jujitsu?—At no point should one be vulnerable
– 24:35 – There is _no better workout _than a boxing workout
– 25:30 – The adrenal dump in professional fighting is incomparable to any other sport
– 26:30 – A lot of people expend 50% of their energy before the fight begins because of the anticipation
– 27:45 – Erik explains how he knows so much about nutrition
– 28:10 – Look for consistency in the information you read and use common sense
– 29:15 – It took Erik nearly 18 years to fully grasp good nutrition – His goal is to pass it along to the passes quickly and effectively
– 30:40 – If someone has a proper diet, dietary supplements become unnecessary
– 32:10 – EffectusNutrition.com
– 32:50 – The easiest way to lose weight? – Eliminate the BAD FOODS!
– 33:20 – Effectus’ 3 main supplements
– 35:52 – Erik talks multivitamins
– 37:25 – Erik talks about digestive enzymes
– 38:15 – The paradox of choice hinders people when it comes to supplement selection
– 39:18 – Erik’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_:
– 39:28 – Have a goal
– 39:36 – Make a —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message