# Episode 137
In Episode #137 Ari talks with Evan Brand of [_Not Just Paleo_](http://notjustpaleo.com/). As the interview unfolds, Evan shares his unique story and explains how he became involved in the practice of Paleo. Ari and Evan discuss everything from dietary preferences to sleeping habits to the oft overlooked risks of electromagnetic radiation.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 25:35 – Introduction of Evan Brand, one of the founders behind Not Just Paleo
– 26:15 – Got his start with OnIt
– 26:55 – While at OnIt, Evan worked on a number of products
– 27:50 – How Not Just Paleo came about
– 28:45 – Personal suffering was also a source of Not Just Paleo (IBS and depression)
– 29:30 – The Not Just Paleo wellness program—A six week in-depth exploration of health
– 30:45 – Health and happiness are not one and the same—You can be ripped and still be unhappy
– 32:00 – Evan does _not _push for strict Paleo
– 33:20 – Stress Solutions is a new initiative from Evan; a 71-page book
– 34:55 – REM Rehab
– 35:55 – The 40-hour work week is a joke
– 38:40 – Evan’s favorite healthy fats are raw honey and raw cheese, grass-fed beef jerky and butter are also favorites
– 42:09 – Evan’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_:
– 42:15 – Get up _before _9AM in the morning, otherwise the day is already lost
– 42:27 – Go to bed no later than 10PM to maximize your natural Melatonin
– 43:11 – Lead life with your heart—Don’t live a lie
– 44:24 – NotJustPaleo.com or the Not Just Paleo podcast
**7 Key Points:**
- Listen to your body—literally.
- Personal suffering can be a great source of inspiration.
- Practice Paleo, but do not do so strictly.
- The 40-Hour work week is a dinosaur that is in desperate need of extinction.
- Try eating healthy fats before bed to get better sleep.
- Natural Melatonin levels naturally drop with age—do everything possible to preserve them.
- Lead life with your heart. **Resources Menti —
- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message