GarthofCairnCrestFarmsInterview # Episode 143
In Episode #143 Ari solo-hosts the podcast once again for this week’s interview with Garth Brown of [Carincrest Farm](http://cairncrestfarm.com/). During the podcast Ari and Garth talk about sustainability, the all-too-frequently overlooked challenges of farming and the future of food.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect. ## [Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
## [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**. ## [Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 12:52 – Introduction of Garth Brown of [Carincrest Farms](http://cairncrestfarm.blogspot.com/)
– 13:19 – The essence of Carincrest Farms is this: Only eat what YOU grow for 1-calendar year
– 15:00 – This has been an endeavor 5 years in the making
– 16:00 – Why Garth (and his brother) decided to make the switch to full-time farming
– 19:00 – How Garth learned about farming and land-management
– 19:18 – Read and ask questions
– 20:00 – The challenge with any objective is taking all of the sub-goals and bringing them to fruition
– 21:05 – Due to FDA regulations, an FDA inspected slaughterhouse needs to be in-place if the processed meat is to be sold for retail
– 23:18 – How animal stress can impact the _quality _ of the meat
– 25:03 – Garth’s biggest goal is to ensure there is no off-flavor in the meat
– 25:20 – If you’re charging a premium price, you need to ensure delivery of a premium product
– 25:48 – Some of the items Garth & CO have had to sacrifice during their 12-month journey
– 26:35 – The day-to-day food is great but, honestly, the lack of variety is tiring
– 27:10 – The Carincrest farm does not have dairy cows so dairy is OUT
– 27:40 – A sample Carincrest meal
– 29:29 – A second sample Carincrest meal
– 29:45 – To date, Garth has not lost weight but he is low on energy since embarking on this dietary journey
– 30:25 – Garth’s extremities get colder quicker now and he sleeps more
– 31:52 – The future of Carincrest meat production
– 34:40 – Where Carincrest meats are sold
– 36:10 – Carincrestfarm.com
**7 Key Points:**
- The average 1st world —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message