# Episode 205
In Episode #205 Ari welcomes [Geoff Woods](https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mentee-podcast/id957438503?mt=2), host of [The Mentee Podcast](https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mentee-podcast/id957438503?mt=2).
Listen as Geoff shares how he transitioned from employee to entrepreneur in just ten months, and his advice for improving personal efficiency and effectiveness.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 13:56 – Introduction of Geoff Woods
– 14:11 – What Geoff does and what he’s been doing
– 14:59 – _You’re the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with_
– 15:05 – The world is chalk-full of amazing people, but if they’re not living the life you want to live, they shouldn’t be giving you advice on how to get where you want to go
– 15:40 – Geoff talks about his media company and repurposing of content
– 17:15 – Still developing that systematic approach
– 18:05 – The first hire
– 18:38 – Identifying mentors that can be impactful
– 18:45 – Commit to yourself, your goals, and the changes necessary to get where you want to be
– 19:01 – Getting clear on where you need the most help is _vital_
– 19:35 – Ask yourself, who would my _ideal_ personal guide/mentor be?
– 20:55 – “Return the favor” and mentor someone else
– 21:10 – The mentor gets more from the mentor-mentee relationship
– 21:45 – Coming for mentorship
– 22:10 – Expressing interest in the person you’d like to mentor or be mentored by
– 23:33 – Get in to the habit of taking action _consistently_
– 24:00 – _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:_
– Plan with structure and priority – Surrounding yourself with the right people all the time – Make time for meaningful thought and meditation
– 26:45 – [mentors.com](http://www.mentors.com)
**3 Key Points:**
1. You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
2. Commit to making a change and hold yourself accountable.
3. Consistent action is the only way to facilitate success.
– The best way to get important emails – [Productivity Magic Hour](https:/whatmybrosaid.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/the-magic-time-frame-for-maximum-productivity/)
– The Holy Grail of email introductions – [Drift Daily](http://www.drift.com/daily?ref=producthunt)
– The easiest way to generate new leads – [All Set](https://allsetnow.com/?ref=producthunt)
– The easiest way to get lunch done – [Negative Food?](http://greatist.com/eat/negative-food-messages-make-us-eat-more?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=feed_http–greatistcom-)
– Crowdfunded real estate deals
[Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
– Original Music provided by [Felix Bird](http://2014.felixbird.com/)
– Audio Production by [Chris Mottram](https://www.linkedin.com/pub/christopher-mottram/96/b12/708)
– Show Notes provided by [Mallard Creatives](http://www.MallardCreatives.com/Testimonials) ——- [Get the FREE Optimize, Automate, Outsource Blueprint here.](https://go.lessdoing.com/blueprint?utm_campaign=blueprint-ari&utm_medium=link&utm_source=podcast) — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message