# Episode 156
In Episode #156 Ari invites [Gretchen Rubin](http://www.gretchenrubin.com/), a happiness hero and author of [The Happiness Project](http://amzn.to/1FVndJz) and [Better Then Before](http://amzn.to/1FMI6oU) to the Less Doing podcast. Listen in as Gretchen and Ari talk about their tips and tricks surrounding happiness, habits and all-around better living.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
For the most up-to-date information on the Growth Summit, check out
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
## [EO Victoria](https://m.facebook.com/EOVictoriaChapter) Join Ari at one of the Entrepreneur Organization’s high-impact learning events in Victoria, B.C. Like EO Vancouver, this will undoubtedly be a unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Fuel the Fire](http://www.ippa.net/content/index.php?view=details&id=6%3A2015+IPPA+Business+Excellence+Conference&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=54) Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
- – 11:20 – Introduction of [Gretchen Rubin](http://www.gretchenrubin.com/), author of [The Happiness Project](http://amzn.to/1FVndJz) and [Better Then Before](http://amzn.to/1FMI6oU)
- – 11:55 – How the Happiness Project came to pass
- – 12:15 – We often don’t spend enough time thinking about happiness
- – 13:08 – Gretchen shares some of the things she found immediately improved her happiness
- – 13:30 – Your physical experience always colors your emotional experience
- – 14:30 – [The Japanese Art of Decluttering](http://amzn.to/1FVoi48)
- – 16:00 – Testing the big theories of happiness
- – 16:55 – [www.GretchenRubin.com](http://www.GretchenRubin.com)
- – 17:08 – [Happier with Gretchen Rubin](http://gretchenrubin.com/podcast/)
- – 17:45 – Sometimes you have to accept a negative period in order to get the benefits that ultimately lead to happiness
- – 19:05 – Sometimes you just have to trust yourself—You’re doing the right thing, just be patient
- – 20:15 – Even if you don’t see the change right away, stick with it!—As long as you know what you’re doing is right for you
- – 21:10 – Research suggests that 40% of our day is shaped by habit
- – 22:50 – The Four Tendencies
- – 25:25 – Keeping the “streak” is incredibly important in keeping your habits up
- – 26:04 – Ari’s 5 daily habits that he MUST keep up
- – 28:52 – Ari’s habits are about staying balanced and maintaining self-control
- – 29:45 – Some people assume that if they load themselves with guilt and shame they can better practice th —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message