In Episode #212 Ari welcomes Jason Wachob, the founder of [mindbodygreen](http://www.mindbodygreen.com/), and the author of a new book called [Wellth](http://www.amazon.com/Wellth-Learned-Build-Life-R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9/dp/1101904488).
Jason’s an ex-trader and entrepreneur whose practice of yoga sparked his passion for wellness.
Listen as Jason and Ari talk about how to maintain health and happiness in your life.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– 33:45 – Welcoming Jason to the show
– 34:10 – [mindbodygreen](http://www.mindbodygreen.com/) – a health and wellness site
– 34:40 – Jason left his job as a trader to become an entrepreneur
– 35:25 – Became very unwell running his startup: started practising yoga
– 37:10 – Sparked an interest in wellness
– 38:00 – Led to the launch of [mindbodygreen](http://www.mindbodygreen.com/)
– 38:30 – A literary agent contacted Jason about a book
– 40:20 – He wrote every time he flew and slowly built up enough words
– 41:40 – What’s in [Wellth](http://www.amazon.com/Wellth-Learned-Build-Life-R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9/dp/1101904488)?
– 42:30 – Wanting to refocus people on health and happiness
– 43:50 – Health and nutrition is incredibly important
– 44:20 – There’s no one-size-fits-all health solution for everyone
– 45:30 – Rigidity isn’t sustainable
– 46:40 – In this culture people want to be told what to do – it doesn’t work
– 47:50 – It’s important to ground yourself in the natural world
– 50:00 – We think about soulmates all wrong
– 55:00 – A soulmate is never going to complete you – just make you a little better
– 56:30– _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:_
– Listen to your intuition. Your gut will never fail you.
– Find some kind of stress reduction practice that works for you.
– Wellness is holistic. Mind, body, relationships, nutrition and the environment are all connected to each other.
– Follow your passion. It will make your happier than doing anything else.
– There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to having a healthy life. Commit to finding what makes you well and happy. Resources Mentioned: – [com](https://privacy.com/)
– A new virtual credit card for every site you sign up for – [Craft the Perfect Productivity Playlist](http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/03/20/craft-perfect-playlist-productivity/) – [Calvin](https://www.calvinapp.com/) – App to make scheduling your social life a cinch – [coffee](https://www.doers.coffee)
– A conversational Slack bot – [iOS Night Shift](http://jasonprall.stfi.re/2016/03/appleiosnightshift/?sf=jyvxzl&utm_content=buffer1cc8c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer)
– A slightly less jarring nighttime screen – [How Often Do You Need To Shower?](http://time.com/4259559/shower-soap-hygiene/)
– Against daily showering – [The Secrets of Being Productive](http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/03/28/smarter-faster-better-the-secrets-of-being-productive-in-life-and-business?utm_source=nextdraft)
– Analysing the self-help genre Sponsored By: [EarthClassMail](https://www.earthclassmail.com/)
– Earth Class Mail helps you move your snail mail to the cloud. Visit [www.LessDoing.com/postal](http://www.lessdoing.com/postal) to get signed up now! Text DOLESS to 33733 to sign up for the Less Doing Newsletter Credits
– Original Music provided by [Felix Bird](http://2014.felixbird.com/)
– Audio Production by [Chris Mottram](https://www.linkedin.com/pub/christopher-mottram/96/b12/708)
– Show Notes provided by [Mallard Creatives](http://www.mallardcreatives.com/Testimonials) ——- [Get the FREE Optimize, Automate, Outsource Blueprint here.](https://go.lessdoing.com/blueprint?utm_campaign=blueprint-ari&utm_medi — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message