# Episode 140
In Episode #140 Ari speaks with Jay Henderson of [Real Talent and Hiring](RealTalentHiring.com), a consulting company that helps other businesses make intelligent and long-lasting hiring solutions. During their conversation, Jay explains the origins of his business, how he works to help companies handle personnel acquisition and why _hiring _may be the most important aspect of running a business.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**. ## [Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 29:56 – Introduction of Jay Henderson, Founder and Owner of _Real Talent and Hiring_
– 30:12 – Jay defines his business and what makes it unique
– 31:55 – Jay defines his methodology
– 32:05 – How people value the three, core decision-making values of the universe
– 32:15 – Any business is made up of three things: People, Tasks and Systems
– 33:05 – Examples of exercises Jay uses to conduct evaluations
– 36:20 – The key is to understand how people _think _and _make decisions_; we can see their behavior and their results, but how does the mind work?
– 36:50 – What about those trying to “game” the system?
– 39:27 – If you don’t understand the parameters, you cannot game the system
– 39:36 – Most tools are subjective in how they reveal information about a person—the Real Talent process has zero subjectivity
– 40:30 – How Jay got into this industry
– 42:15 – Axial Metrics
– 44:25 – The Real Talent and Hiring system is adaptable—It’s not black and white
– 45:50 – Most people going through the hiring process do NOT realize (good or bad) what they have in a potential candidate
– 46:35 – Data isn’t worth anything if it isn’t reliable
– 49:35 – People can have an _X-factor_ that’s invisible to the naked eye—Just because they look like they won’t be a good fit or their resume lacks notable credentials doesn’t mean they won’t be a GREAT hire
– 52:29 – You can’t measure management’s TIME when it comes to having to deal with bad employees
– 52:55 – Not only will a bad fit turnover, but a bad —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message