**Summary:** In Episode
#176 Ari – joined by special guest host [Kavon](http://thesolefocus.com/) of the Less Doing Mastermind Group – interviews Jeremie Rodger, a [Couch Surfing](https://www.couchsurfing.com/) veteran and 26 year-old entrepreneur with a natural knack for taking roads less travelled in order to find success. Tune-in to hear Ari and Jeremie talk automation and outsourcing in meticulous detail!
##[Rockefeller Roundtable](http://helmsociety.com/ari-meisel-ceo-roundtable-nc/) Come watch Ari regale a roundtable of avid [Helm Society](http://helmsociety.com/) listeners with the lessons of Less Doing on September 9th from 10AM to 2PM in New York City.
##[Freeing Finland](http://www.biohackersummit.com) Come watch Ari and a collection of other well-renowned biohackers free the people of Finland from their bodily limitations at the 2015 Biohacker Summit being held in Helsinki, Finland from September 23rd through September 24th. Those interested in attending can [buy tickets here](http://biohackersummit.com/#pl_areauf9k2sm).
##Subscribe to the Podcast or [Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 17:48 – Introduction of Jeremie Rodger
– 18:10 – Jeremie shares his background
– 18:33 – How Jeremie got into the business
– 19:12 – Spent 19-21 traveling around Europe via CouchSurfing.com
– 19:45 – Jeremie addresses the safety concerns of Couch Surfing
– 22:15 – As much as Jeremie enjoyed being a broke-hippie, he knew he would need the money and a professional future so he started looking at digital opportunities
– 23:10 – Started making websites and then started outsourcing website design
– 23:43 – Jeremie got into the Yoga niche on Amazon
– 24:25 – Sometimes the best ideas are reverse-engineered
– 25:50 – Get good at hiring people overseas to cut down on your costs and time
– 26:33 – What are the repeatable processes that happen and who’s going to do them?
– 27:21 – When you do something twice, it takes you more than 10 minutes, and/or you don’t like doing it, that’s a ripe opportunity for systemization
– 28:29 – Some people don’t realize how much time can be saved if they just shift their mindset
– 29:29 – Until people are forced to do something, they’ll often avoid doing it
– 30:30 – How Jeremie systemizes everything using: Google Sites, Dropbox, Slack, Asana, Screenflow
– 32:48 – Sometimes Ari creates a complicated process for automation to better pinpoint where problems are when they happen
– 34:50 – Talking about Slack
– 35:17 – MeeKan—a scheduling bot
– 37:00 – Jeremie makes screencasts of everything he does and then uploads said videos to a private YouTube Channel
– 39:50 – “Oh fuck, we need systems”—truer words were never spoken
– 41:00 – Jeremie’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 41:18 – Think more like a board member or shareholder than a manager
– 42:10 – The best productivity tool of all time is staff
– 43:19 – Have a great product
**7 Key Points:**
1. Don’t be stupid—you NEED systems and processes.
2. Don’t be afraid to drop everything and travel—some of life’s greatest insights, opportunities, and people are discovered that way.
3. Think like a shareholder, not a manager.
4. Learn how to hire people overseas.
5. If you do something twice, take longer than 10 minutes, or you don’t like doing it, find a way to automate or outsource.
6. Identify repeatable process and automate them.
7. Sometimes the best way to start doing something (or defeat a fear) is to intentionally put yourself in a hole with no other way out.
– [Vida](https://www.vida.com/) – — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message