# Episode 131
In Episode #131 Ari talks with John T Meyer of Lemonly, the creative house for some of the web’s most desirable infographics. As they discuss the origins and model of Lemonly, Ari and John also speak about productive habits, winning attitudes and strategies for measurable success in both professional and personal environments.
# [Less Doing in Barcelona](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to Barcelona, Spain for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
[American Dream U](http://americandreamu.org/upcoming-events/) On March 13th and 14th, watch Ari Meisel bring his expertise to the stage in a setting unlike any other: Fort Benning, Georgia home of the United States Army’s Airborne and Ranger schools. Ari will be joining a collection of legendary business leaders and exciting entrepreneurs to help demonstrate the _right _way to start a business.
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 32:00 – Introduction of John T Meyer, Founder and CEO of [Lemonly](http://lemonly.com/), an infographic and design shop
– 33:00 – Infographics aren’t just a trend—it seems as though they’re here to stay—likely due to dwindling attention spans and the proliferation of big data
– 34:50 – John outlines his approach to developing an infographic
– 36:30 – The Lemonly Steps to success
– 36:35 – Inform: Is everyone on the same page
– 36:49 – Gather all the data in its disparate forms and then normalize it in one place
– 37:10 – Discovery: What makes this story unique? Are there changes over time?
– 37:37 – Wireframe: No designer style but a black and white layout of what the infographic will be
– 37:53 – Mood board
– 38:12 – Design finally begins
– 38:22 – Launch: How do you actually get the graphic into the world
– 39:04 – Promotion: Rely on grassroots more than everything
– 39:50 – Some of David’s favorite projects have involved the 9/11 Memorial museum and the MLB
– 41:15 – John talks productivity
– 41:28 – My 8 For the Day—The morning routine of setting 8 priorities for the day
– 43:30 – Avoiding the rabbit hole of email
– 44:15 – Take advantage of Slack
– 46:35 – John has dabbled in Virtual Assistants but has not had great experience
– 47:00 – It takes a LONG time as an en —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message