# Episode 116
**Summary:** In Episode #116 Ari speaks with [Jordan Belfort](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Belfort), the _real _Wolf of Wall Street. During this insightful and in-depth interview, Jordan talks about his mastery of salesmanship, the secret to his post-prison success and the development of the [Straight Line](http://jordanbelfort.com/products-list/) sales method. Ari also takes this opportunity to ask _The Wolf _about the accuracy of the film portraying his infamous life on Wall Street.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 18:18 – Introduction of Jordan Belfort, the _real _Wolf of Wall Street
– 18:42 – Jordan spends most of his time on the road touring
– 19:12 – The motivation for spending most of the time on the road is derived from an ability to make large sums of money _and _impact people’s lives positively
– 20:12 – Ari asks Jordan directly about Straight Line, efficiency and salesmanship
– 21:50 – Sales is _everything _in life and business; it’s not about closing deals it’s about sharing your ideals, concepts and vision
– 22:35 – The biggest mistake people make is exclusively thinking of sales as closing deals
– 23:30 – The Straight Line system is about optimizing a process and repeating it in a “straight line”
– 24:17 – Becoming the _Wolf_
– 25:01 – Necessity was the mother of invention for Jordan
– 25:55 – Closing a single deal versus getting a long-term client
– 27:01 – Cultivating a base of “brand evangelists” is one of the best things anyone can do for their business
– 28:15 – Too many internet marketers believe that if they can “master” the art of digital marketing they can forever avoid speaking with a person offline
– 29:05 – How to overcome the classic objection of “I need to ask my XXXX…”
– 30:18 – Objections are smokescreens for uncertainty
– 33:21 – Being able to answer the objection, while a benefit, is _not_ what closes the deal…it only provides you with the right to continue speaking
– 35:11 – Selling is about cultivating certainty
– 35:30 – Jordan shares a _positive_ consequence of prison –
35:47 – Success is about being able to turn lemons into lemonade
– 36:35 – Prison and learning how to write
– 37:10 – Over the course of a lifetime, _everyone_ makes bad decisions that result in hardship; no person is exempt from this fate
– 37:23 – What a person does in the wake of said bad decision is what matters; how can you harness the negative and convert it into a positive?
– 39:31 – Jordan talks about Bill Gates
– 40:37 – Ari asks Jordan to identify the biggest falsehood from the movie _[The Wolf of Wall Street](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_of_Wall_Street_%282013_film%29)_
– 43:10 – Jordan’ _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_
– 43:15 – Master the art of persuasion
– 43:45 – To learn how to delegate authority effectively
– 44:32 – Transcend goal setting and focus on your vision
**7 Key Points:**
- Find a way to make good money _and _impact people’s lives positively.
- “Sales is _everything_;” it’s not about closing deals it’s about conveying your ideas and vision.
- Necessity is the mother of invention.
- Create brand evangelists and watch your business grow.
- When it comes to sales, objections are smokescreens for uncertainty; Selling is about cultivating certainty.
- Everyone is destined to make bad decisions that result in varying degrees of hardship.
- To find success as an entrepreneur, surround yourself with the best talent available and learn how to delegate authority.
– [How to Read People](http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2014/12/how-to-read-people/?utm_content=bufferef086&utm_medium=socia — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message