# Episode 121
In Episode #121Ari shares the mic with Laura Coe of _[Emotional Obesity](http://emotionalobesity.com/)_, the very first workout and fitness system for the soul. During the interview, Ari and Laura define the risks of “emotional obesity” while talking about the importance of remaining in-tune with personal goals and objectives.
**Sponsored By:** ## [Design Pickle](http://designpickle.com/) Unlimited graphic design services for a single, straightforward, monthly fee. No more messy quoting processes. No more project-to-project hiring hassles.
**Special Announcements:** ## [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 18:20 – Introduction of Laura Coe
– 18:38 – How Laura arrived at the decision to write _Emotional Obesity_
– 21:27 – _When it comes our emotional health, we don’t really do anything stay in emotional shape…we push through our feelings and passions_
– 21:25 – Recognizing and connecting with your _authentic-self _is instrumental for personal well-being
– 22:24 – When it comes to _productivity_, the #1 complaint of Ari’s clients is a sense of feeling _overwhelmed_…a lack of self-awareness (connecting to the _authentic-self_) is a huge component of this feeling
– 24:14 – Laura defines “junk-food thoughts”
– 24:47 – _What are the thoughts that you use to wind yourself up in those moments of feeling stressed?_—Identify them and then work to eliminate them
– 26:05 – Understand that being more self-aware can bring previously suppressed problems to the surface; this is OK
– 28:09 – Breaking down the nuances of “emotional fitness”
– 28:46 – Find the default excuses used to create a _gilded-cage _and shatter them
– 29:21 – Create an increasingly rigorous emotional workout that focuses on the creation of a positive, fear-conquering mindset
– 32:39 – Find the origin of feelings: are they coming from a place of your purpose, goals and vision or are the coming from externalities?
– 33:10 – How finding “emotional fitness” has impacted Laura’s work directly
– 36:00 – Laura Coe’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_:
– 36:13 – Get clear on where your goals are coming from
– 37:05 – Implement great habits
– 37:34 – Take a proactive approach to daily tasks and routines
**7 Key Points:**
- We spend far too much time focusing on the physical aspects of our heath; devote some time to the emotional aspects.
- Connect with your _authentic-sel — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message