# Episode 158
In Episode #158 Ari brings “part business strategist, part marketing maven and part spiritual ass-kicker”, Marie Forleo of [MarieTV](http://www.marieforleo.com/) on to the Less Doing Podcast. During this energetic interview, Marie talks about her Jersey roots, Italian heritage and building a multimillion dollar brand from scratch.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
For the most up-to-date information on the Growth Summit, check out [Twitter](https://twitter.com/iesebs/status/604286965366853632),
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
## [EO Victoria](https://m.facebook.com/EOVictoriaChapter) Join Ari at one of the Entrepreneur Organization’s high-impact learning events in Victoria, B.C. Like EO Vancouver, this will undoubtedly be a unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Fuel the Fire](http://www.ippa.net/content/index.php?view=details&id=6%3A2015+IPPA+Business+Excellence+Conference&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=54) Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
- – 08:59 – Introduction of Marie Forleo, creator of [Marie TV](http://www.marieforleo.com/)
- – 09:23 – Marie got her start as a 23 year-old life coach and fitness video instructor
- – 10:20 – The conventional wisdom that you have to choose one thing to “be” as an adult is wrong
- – 13:30 – Ari used to teach a cardio class at his wife’s yoga studio
- – 14:00 – If you don’t know how to laugh…learn how
- – 15:05 – Many of us can be our own worst enemy
- – 16:41 – The process of creation is NOT easy
- – 17:05 – The act of creation is fun
- – 17:43 – Make sure you’re doing at least a portion of your work for YOU
- – 18:30 – When starting a business, profitability takes time to achieve
- – 20:45 – There’s traditionally a lack of soulfulness in business training/teaching
- – 22:38 – At her core, Marie is a natural teacher _and _student
- – 23:55 – The more we can get into our bodies and avoid living from the neck up, the more creative and successful we can be
- – 24:33 – Marie’s daily routine
- – 25:05 – 10 minutes of meditation in the morning is a MUST
- – 25:48 – Schedules and routines are great, but they need to be flexible
- – 26:17 – Ride the rhythm of life
- – 27:14 – Marie writes every single day, but not in a ritualistic way
- – 29:55 – Learn how to shut out the distractions and just get your work DONE
- – 30:33 – Marie’s dietary direction?—lots of water and lots of plants with dustings of dairy, carbs and alcohol
- – 34:00 – Marie’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
- – 34:12 – Recognize that priorities equate to pros —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message