In Episode #114 Ari interviews Mark Alexander, CEO of [ARX Fit](http://arxfit.com/) the company behind a new, eCentric-focused fitness technology. During their conversation, Ari and Mark discuss in great detail the science and tech behind_ARX_ as well as the common oversights of entrepreneurs entrenched in the day-to-day of their business.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 23:04 – Introduction of [Mark Alexander](http://arxfit.com/about-arx/), CEO of _AXR Fit _podcast
– 23:41 – Mark defines _ARX _as an abbreviation and as a company
– 24:00 – Man vs Machine; the machine is always going to be stronger
– 25:08 – eCentric training defined
– 25:38 – The _bang for the buck _in exercise comes from the eCentric motion
– 27:33 – _ARX _mirrors force-output capability all of the time
– 28:37 – The technology follows high-intensity training principles
– 30:25 – Though it may not seem like it, explosive training _is_ possible with _ARX_
– 32:25 – Visualization and actual physical practice of an activity can have similarly positive results
– 33:00 – Safety and the _ARX_
– 33:55 – The technology isn’t just for strength training; it’s also for rehab and stretching
– 35:35 – Resistance is created with the _ARX _via a pulling force
– 36:34 – The prescribed workout for _ARX _is…
– 38:05 — The R&D process has taken several years…getting to a scaled production run was no easy task
– 39:00 – Mark defines his current _ARX _workout
– 42:00 – The _ARX Omni _is officially launching in January 2015
– 44:05 – What are your _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective?_
– 44:29 – Value and respect time
– 45:05 – Surround yourself with the _right _people
– 45:52 – Take care of your health; mental, physical and spiritual
– 46:41 – ARXFit.com
**7 Key Points:**
- eCentric training is the most efficient and effective way to train.
- Visualization and actual physical practice of an activity can have similarly positive results.
- The _ARX _is for strength training, rehabilitation _and _stretching.
- Research and development for a product is not an overnight process, it can take years; stay committed.
- Value, respect and take advantage of your time – Love thy calendar.
- Set aside time every day to accomplish the tasks _only you _can accomplish.
- Always keep an eye on your mental, physical and spiritual health.
– Less Doing Internship – Ari is planning to create a formal Less Doing internship program; Interested parties can reach him via the [Less Doing Contact Page](http://lessdoing.com/contact-me/)
– [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) – The Less Doing LIVE event in NYC is less than six months away!
– [Calvin App](https://www.calvinapp.com/) – A collaborative to-do list for making plans; Those interested in testing the Beta version of Calvin app, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com)
– [Hush](https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hush/hush-the-worlds-first-smart-earplug?utm_content=buffer8f70d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer) – A Kickstarter campaign for the world’s first _smart_ earplug
– [Calltag](http://callt.ag/) – An app that allows users to notify their contacts _why_ they’re calling
– [The Happy Home](https://www.thehappyhome.co/) – $10 per month in-home maintenance
– [Satellite Eyes](http://satelliteeyes.tomtaylor.co.uk/) – A Mac app that automatically changes desktop wallpaper to the satellite view of where the computer is located
– [MyKickback](https://mykickback.com/) – A service that automates sending refunds through FedEx and UPS
– [USB Necklace](http://techcrun — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message