In Episode #201 Ari shares the Less Doing Podcast with Max More of [Alcor](http://www.alcor.org/), a company that will put you into cold-storage—literally—through cryogenic freezing.
Listen as Ari and Max talk about the scientific and philosophical challenges of cryogenics, as well as how Alcor operates as a _truly_ “long-term” business.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 11:06 – Introduction of Max More of [Alcor](http://www.alcor.org/)
– 11:19 – What Alcor does
– 12:40 – The process for preservation
– 12:54 – The two main parts of the Cryonic procedure—freezing and reanimation
– 13:42 – There is evidence that the brain is being preserved under reasonable conditions
– 14:01 – Electron microscopes used to analyze the health of frozen animal brains
– 14:29 – Medical grade anti-freeze
– 14:38 – Ice Crystals damage cells but do not destroy them
– 15:36 – Eventually, we will have a cure for aging…it’s not a question of IF but WHEN
– 16:52 – There are two different ways to cryo-freeze someone—the head or the whole body.
– 17:28 – If you want to survive and come back, most of the essentials are contained within the brain
– 18:35 – The gut-brain connection and Cryo-Freezing
– 19:30 – Creating the custom body
– 19:55 – Why have a brain?—Why not download the brain onto a thumb drive
– 21:14 – The business side of Alcor—they’re operating on a 100+ year timeline
– 22:01 – Already 43 years old and is a registered 501c(3)
– 22:22 – Given a long-enough timeline, things WILL go wrong
– 22:40 – There is no electricity for Alcor’s cold storage, they just need fresh liquid nitrogen
– 23:51 – Max’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 24:07 – Maintain a good diet
– 24:34 – Practice regular exercise
– 25:02 – Keep stress to an absolute minimum—learn how to relax
– 25:45 – [www.alcor.org](http://www.alcor.org/)
**5 Key Points:**
1. Eventually—your body will quit on you, no matter the treatment—cryogenics is the only “live-forever” option we currently have.
2. Good Diet + Regular Exercise – Stress = A long, Happy Life.
3. Freezing is the easy part of cryogenics—it’s reanimation that’s proving exceedingly difficult.
4. Are you your body, or just your brain?—it’s a highly challenging philosophical question.
5. The way biotechnology is progressing, there will undoubtedly be cures for aging in the future.
– [How to Eat Healthy](http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2014/12/how-to-eat-healthy/)
– Article from Barking Up the Wrong Tree featuring strategies to help people make better dietary decisions – [Good Doctors Bad for Health?](https://t.co/4AR23YqbfY)
– Why having an excellent healthcare professional might be counter productive – [16 Excel Formulas to Change Your Life](https://t.co/dkX7MZC3l5)
– Excel formulas that will change your life for the better – [Teleport](https://t.co/whYxhWDZZ1)
– Bring your friends and family to you – [Evernote for Creativity](https://t.co/FdIbX3eNpP)
– 9 ways you can use Evernote to boost your creativity – [Hire Peter](https://t.co/OLF9JPospc)
– AI based legal services – [Skulpt](https://t.co/k924GUj0l8)
– Measure Body Fat and Muscle Quality – [Virtual Interview Platform](https://t.co/sLgX4aS3Fu)
– Built to test talented coders – [Retracted Papers](http://retractionwatch.com/the-retraction-watch-leaderboard/top-10-most-highly-cited-retracted-papers/)
– A publishing of some oft-cited sources that have since been retracted – [Better Time Management](https://t.co/NusV4RoDQQ)
– From Barking Up the Wrong Tree, 5 secrets to better time management – Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach – Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
[Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message