# Episode 144
In Episode #144 Ari sits down to speak with Shannon Waller of [Strategic Coach](https://www.strategiccoach.com/bios/bio_s_shannon.html). During their lengthy conversation, Shannon and Ari talk about _unique abilities_; how they can be identified, implemented and continually developed.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[Less Doing Ringtone](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) Want to get access to the _FREE _Less Doing Ringtone? Click [here](http://www.paywithapost.de/pay?id=8c396e88-e364-4ec9-9e6f-c5620039cdcf) to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
[Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**. ## [Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 15:35 – Introduction of Shannon Waller of [Strategic Coach](https://www.strategiccoach.com/bios/bio_s_shannon.html)
– 15:55 – Defining Shannon’s 3 passions
– 16:35 – Teamwork
– 16:45 – Effectiveness
– 17:25 – Strategy
– 17:45 – Shannon talks about Dan Sullivan _and _Strategic Coach
– 18:05 – The Ceiling of Complexity
– 19:20 – Don’t tell people how to do things, provide them with a system so they can use their own strengths to forge the future
– 21:20 – Tune into what is essential
– 22:25 – The differences between DISC and KOLBE profiles
– 25:23 – Unique Abilities are things you have a passion for, do better than most, are constantly trying to improve and find energizing
– 26:30 – Where do you get to be the hero?
– 26:49 – Find the right audience for your unique abilities
– 30:15 – Protecting unique abilities versus leveraging them
– 30:49 – Surround yourself with people who complement your skills
– 35:30 – Finding quality team members is a real challenge for a lot of people
– 36:10 – The process of FINDING unique ability
– 39:33 – Shannon’s _Top 3 Things to be More Effective:_
– 39:46 – Figure out your unique ability and do it
– 39:50 – Surround yourself with people who love to do what you don’t—forge a partnership
– 40:03 – Bring your heart to what you do
– 40:45 – [StrategicCoach.com](http://StrategicCoach.com) and [TeamSuccessHandbook.com](http://TeamSuccessHandbook.com)
**7 Key Points:**
- Teamwork, Effectiveness and Strategy are markers for success.
- Unique abilities are meaningless without an audience that can appreciate your possession of said abilities.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message