In Episode #204 Ari shares the Less Doing Podcast with speaker, writer, and coach, [Shari Alexander](http://www.shari-alexander.com/).
Listen as Ari and Shari discuss the power of persuasion, the importance of remaining curious at heart, and why _believing_ in someone’s values and _leveraging_ someone’s values are not the same thing.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 21:18 – Introduction of persuasiveness coach Shari Alexander
– 21:30 – What a persuasiveness coach does
– 22:50 – Anybody can learn to be more persuasive—observe, connect, influence
– 23:49 – Entrepreneurial leaders are the majority of Shari’s clients
– 24:40 – Time, preparation, methodology
– 26:50 – You cannot influence somebody you’re judging
– 27:18 – Stay in a curious mindset like a scientist
– 27:46 – You cannot influence yourself into new ideas or beliefs if you’re self-flagellating
– 28:09 — There is no ONE influential technique
– 29:05 – If you have ONE mark to hit with, you need multiple techniques—if you have multiple marks, you can use ONE technique
– 29:50 – Pay attention to the influential V.I.B.E.S. of somebody
– 30:30 – Just because you don’t believe in someone’s values, doesn’t mean you can’t leverage them
– 31:41 – Talking neuro-linguistic programming
– 34:25 – Look for patterns in body language if you’re trying to determine if they’re being honest
– 34:53 – Shari’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
– 34:58 – Suspend your ego
– We are all anchoring in emotional states with our behaviors//be what you want to see
– 36:13 – Words have magical powers so pay attention to what you’re saying every day
– 36:45 – [Shari-Alexander.com](http://www.Shari-Alexander.com)
**3 Key Points:**
1. Anybody can learn to be more persuasive.
2. Stay curious—be a scientist!
3. If you’re judging someone, you cannot influence them or yourself.
– [How to Bootstrap Prison](https://t.co/1FTgCiyopV)
– An article from Entrepreneur magazine about the savviness of the incarcerated – [Informed Delivery](http://realmail.usps.stfi.re/box/pages/intro/start.action?sf=lavrle&utm_content=buffere1ce4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer)
– By signing up with USPS you can see what letters, packages, etc. are coming in-advance – [Stringify](https://t.co/UOob9fmp3O)
– Basically IFTTT but way more complicated – [Roger App](https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roger-talk-your-favorite-people/id943662312?mt=8)
– An app for cataloguing eBooks – [Stacktive](https://t.co/jox3y1zUmk)
– Like Class Pass but on-demand and cheaper – [Chat by KeyReply](https://t.co/1R6dLXmbE9) – A free, crazy-easy-to-integrate app for inflowing chats into slack – Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach – Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
[Leave Us a Review!](https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ari-meisel-less-doing/id605938952?mt=2&uo=6) Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
– Original Music provided by [Felix Bird](http://2014.felixbird.com/)
– Audio Production by [Chris Mottram](https://www.linkedin.com/pub/christopher-mottram/96/b12/708)
– Show Notes provided by [Mallard Creatives](http://www.MallardCreatives.com/Testimonials) ——- [Get the FREE Optimize, Automate, Outsource Blueprint here.](https://go.lessdoing.com/blueprint?utm_campaign=blueprint-ari&utm_medium=link&utm_source=podcast) — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message