# Special Episode 3 **Summary:** In Special Episode #3 Ari sits down with Marc Goodman, author of Future Crimes, a revolutionary new book discussing the serious vulnerabilities we often overlook in our daily lives. During the conversation, Marc explains what concerns him most about the years ahead and how technology is both a boon and bane.
**Special Announcements:** # [Less Doing in Barcelona](https://www.evernote.com/OutboundRedirect.action?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazelles.com%2Fsummits%2FEGS-2015%2FBarcelona%2Findex.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to Barcelona, Spain for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
## [American Dream U](http://americandreamu.org/upcoming-events/) On March 13th and 14th, watch Ari Meisel bring his expertise to the stage in a setting unlike any other: Fort Benning, Georgia home of the United States Army’s Airborne and Ranger schools. Ari will be joining a collection of legendary business leaders and exciting entrepreneurs to help demonstrate the _right _way to start a business.
The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.evernote.com/OutboundRedirect.action?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Fseminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite (https://www.evernote.com/OutboundRedirect.action?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Fseminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:** –
- 01:59 – Introduction of Marc Goodman –
- 02:30 – Marc describes his background; he is a former NYPD and LAPD officer –
- 03:40 – How Marc was originally selected to work on cyber-crime –
- 06:00 – The movie _Hackers _is what people envision when they think of cyber-crime but it’s actually far from the truth –
- 08:05 – “The thief is truly the artist, the policeman is only the critic” –
- 08:55 – Most hacking is _social _hacking; lying, manipulating and deception –
- 11:24 – Cybercrime was only the beginning…the future of crime is _everything_ –
- 12:45 – Elevators, pacemakers, cars…anything with that has computer hardware and software _is_ hackable –
- 14:12 – With new technologies come new challenges –
- 16:15 – Everything in life demands a cost-benefit analysis, including new technologies –
- 17:05 – Marc is not for the _banning _of any new technologies, he’s for enlightened public policy that embraces new tech while making people fully aware of the associated risks –
- 17:45 – Drug cartels are some of the earliest adopters of new technologies –
- 20:24 – The good guys are al — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message