# Episode 161
In Episode #161 Ari interviews Steve Sims of [The Blue Fish](http://thebluefish.com/), the world’s leading provider of luxury concierge services. During their brief but powerful conversation, Steve outlines the method to his astoundingly successful customer-retention madness and explains why The Blue Fish is truly a concierge service unlike any other.
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
## [EO Victoria](https://m.facebook.com/EOVictoriaChapter) Join Ari at one of the Entrepreneur Organization’s high-impact learning events in Victoria, B.C. Like EO Vancouver, this will undoubtedly be a unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
## [Fuel the Fire](http://www.ippa.net/content/index.php?view=details&id=6%3A2015+IPPA+Business+Excellence+Conference&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=54) Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
- – 10:56 – Introduction of Steve Sims, founder of [The Blue Fish](http://thebluefish.com/)
- – 11:39 – The Blue Fish is a real-life wizard of Oz
- – 12:12 – An unforgettable private dining experience in Florence…
- – 17:18 – The “envelope in the hotel” tactic
- – 19:24 – Only 7-12% of emails actually get through to and read by their intended recipient
- – 20:15 – If you want an open rate that’s 100% you have to stand out, you have to be different, you have to be distinct—and you cannot use email
- – 21:00 – Don’t send personal letters, notes, etc. just to friends and personal acquaintances—send them to people you’re trying to entice
- – 21:35 – Show you care, show you have that personal touch
- – 22:30 – The Blue Fish has just under 4,000 clients
- – 22:48 – If you don’t like talking to clients, you had better like watching your bank account disappear
- – 23:20 – Be hyper-observant when it comes to what your client ISN’T saying
- – 24:16 – Find a way of connecting
- – 25:00 – Don’t keep it in your head, write it down
- – 25:33 – When you’re writing notes, personalize them and keep it short
- – 26:24 – Try the snail mail, note-based system and _watch _your conversion rates skyrocket
- – 27:22 – Steve’s _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective_
- – 27:31 – Be YOU
- – 27:52 – Dumb it down—avoid airs and graces
- – 28:25 – Be humble and respect other people
- – 28:56 – The Blue Fish membership requires a $5K a year fee, an interview _and _an application
- – 29:38 – [UglySims.com](http://www.uglysims.com/)
**7 Key Points:**
- Handwritten notes are the _only _way to leave a lasting impression on your clients.
- Find a way of connecting with your clients on a personal level—if you do, you’ll resonate.
- Don’t keep an idea, thought, or notion in your head. WRITE IT DOWN!
- Most people read less than 15% of their email and they respond to even less of it.
- Letters aren’t just for personal friends—they’re for business partners and customers you’re trying to court.
- Do more than just get to know your clients as their profession—get to know them as people.
- Master the art of personal touch and personal flair.
– [How to Stop Worrying](http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2015/05/how-to-stop-worrying/) – From Barking Up the Wrong Tree, an article highlighting ways people can stop worrying
– [Join Send](https://www.joinsend.com/#pricing) – A company that will provide pick-up and drop —
– Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message