In Episode #206 Ari welcomes Taylor Pearson, author of [The End of Jobs](http://taylorpearson.me/the-end-of-jobs-book/) one of the most highly rated books of 2015.
Listen as Ari and Taylor talk about our transition away from a service based economy to an entrepreneurial economy, and the monumental significance of addressing the bottlenecks in your business.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 27:44 – Introduction of Taylor
– 28:00 – Taylor shares his background
– 28:44 – The new life script thanks to automation and outsourcing
– 29:55 – What people can extract from Taylor’s book—[The End of Jobs](http://taylorpearson.me/the-end-of-jobs-book/)
– 30:11 – Automation and outsourcing
– 31:50 – Safe and secure careers are not safe and secure anymore
– 32:13 – There is always ONE bottleneck—if you don’t clear the limit, you’re wasting resources
– 35:10 – Complex work is what moves us forward—work without clear outcomes is how we find true success
– 35:45 – Definition is the hardest thing
– 36:08 – Can you figure out what’s worth doing and can you figure out how to do it?
– 36:29 – [OmWriter](http://www.ommwriter.com/)
– 37:48 – How Taylor arranges his day
– 38:40 – _Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:_
– Mediate – Establish and hold to a morning ritual – Have more structured, non-work social time
– 41:11 – [www.TaylorPearson.me](http://www.taylorpearson.me/)
**3 Key Points:**
1. If work is constantly creeping into all aspects of your life, establish structured social times where you _can’t_ work.
2. There is a bottleneck in every business—any resources you dedicate that don’t address that bottleneck are being wasted.
3. Agrarian economy à industrial economy à service economy à we are not in the Entrepreneur Economy
– [Hack your Stress](https://www.bulletproofexec.com/hack-your-stress-and-sex-with-these-7-adaptogens/) – Using sex—Yay!
– [Lose weight with cake?](https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/12/30/a-simple-way-to-lose-weight-while-eating-cake-sort-of/)
– From the Washington Post, and article talking about weight loss and cake – [Get Movi](https://getmovi.com/)
– Gives the illusion of having multiple cameras at an event
– [Cultivating Serendipity](http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/opinion/how-to-cultivate-the-art-of-serendipity.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0)
– Take 10 minutes to space out after finishing some intense activity – [Reginald](http://reginald.io/?ref=producthunt)
– Automated passive aggressive emails
– [Optimal Energy Measurement](http://www.fastcompany.com/3055045/how-to-be-a-success-at-everything/how-i-learned-to-measure-my-optimal-energy-and-put-it-to-u)
– From Fast Company, how to measure optimal energy
– A bad ass thermometer
**Sponsored By:** [EarthClassMail](https://www.earthclassmail.com/)
– Earth Class Mail helps you move your snail mail to the cloud. Visit [www.LessDoing.com/postal](http://www.lessdoing.com/postal) to get signed up now! Text DOLESS to 33733 to sign up for the Less Doing Newsletter
– Original Music provided by [Felix Bird](http://2014.felixbird.com/)
– Audio Production by [Chris Mottram](https://www.linkedin.com/pub/christopher-mottram/96/b12/708)
– Show Notes provided by [Mallard Creatives](http://www.mallardcreatives.com/Testimonials) ——- [Get the FREE Optimize, Automate, Outsource Blueprint here.](https://go.lessdoing.com/blueprint?utm_campaign=blueprint-ari&utm_medium=link&utm_source=podcast) — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message