[Tim Ferriss](https://www.linkedin.com/in/timferriss) is the author of the New York Times Bestseller, [_The 4-Hour Workweek_](https://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Escape-Live-Anywhere/dp/0307465357/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484105434&sr=1-1&keywords=4+hour+work+week), and more recently, [_Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performer_](https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Titans-Billionaires-World-Class-Performers/dp/1328683788)_.
He is also an angel investor and advisor for companies such as Facebook, Evernote, Uber, and Twitter and is considered by Fast Company as one of the “Most Innovative Business People”. Listen as Tim shares the story behind his latest bestselling book and how it came to be through online tools such as Evernote, Google Docs, and DropBox. ## Key Quote “[When] the book was initially put together, it was not called _Tools of Titans_, it was just a notebook for myself. I was putting together cliff notes of the most actionable, impactful, small things that had a big impact.”
##What You’ll Learn
- How Tim wrote the book, _Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons and World-Class Performers_, using online tools.
- The importance of higher order principles in staying effective and efficient with the tools you use.
- How the quality of your questions determine the quality of your life.
- The list of people Tim wants to have on his podcast.
- The benefits of surrounding yourself with people better than you.
- Affording time vs affording distractions.
- How Tim’s investments allowed him to be financially free.
- Why investing in education and health is always a good idea.
- Why Tim’s attention to detail saves him a lot of headaches
- Tim’s top 3 pieces of advice to becoming more effective Resources – [Less Doing Podcast Resources](https://trello.com/b/jtqdNTp3/leverage-podcast-resources) ——- [Get the FREE Optimize, Automate, Outsource Blueprint here.]( https:/go.lessdoing.com/blueprint?utm_campaign=blueprint-ari&utm_medium=link&utm_source=podcast) — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message