# Episode 159
In Episode #159 Ari is joined by productivity man, myth and legend [Tim Ferriss](http://fourhourworkweek.com/about/) of [The 4 Hour Work Week](http://amzn.to/1BTY4tK) fame. During this hour-plus interview, Ari asks Tim about the origins of his success, the keys to his continued habits of excellence and what makes “The Four Hour X” approach to life so radically helpful.
# [Less Doing Does Europe!](https://www.gazelles.com/summits/EGS-2015/Barcelona/index.html) Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of _Influence at Work_ in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
For the most up-to-date information on the Growth Summit, check out [Twitter](https://twitter.com/iesebs/status/604286965366853632),
EO Vancouver On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for _EO Vancouver_. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
[EO Victoria](https://m.facebook.com/EOVictoriaChapter) Join Ari at one of the Entrepreneur Organization’s high-impact learning events in Victoria, B.C. Like EO Vancouver, this will undoubtedly be a unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
## [Fuel the Fire](http://www.ippa.net/content/index.php?view=details&id=6%3A2015+IPPA+Business+Excellence+Conference&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=54) Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: _Fuel the Fire_. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
- – 25:59 – Introduction of [Tim Ferriss](http://fourhourworkweek.com/about/) of [The 4 Hour Work Week](http://amzn.to/1BTY4tK)
- – 26:52 – Talking about the [Tim Ferriss Experiment](https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/the-tim-ferriss-experiment/id984734983)
- – 29:08 – Tim has “failed” at TV twice
- – 31:14 – It’s not enough to be a positive thinker—you need the “feet on the ground” strategies
- – 32:00 – Mastery comes through teaching
- – 32:38 – Tim didn’t learn how to swim until he was in his 30s
- – 33:12 – When you suddenly overcome an “impossible” other impossibles in your life start to fall
- – 37:30 – Tim’s next “skill” to develop?
- – 39:03 – Tim’s to-do list
- – 41:14 – Becoming proficient in any activity creates far-reaching transferrable skill
- – 42:38 – [The Checklist Manifesto](http://amzn.to/1F3YyNS)
- – 42:45 – No matter how dexterous of mind and body you are, checklists (processes) will make you better
- – 43:40 – Is there blowback from people who are offended by the notion that Tim can “learn” a task in one-week?
- – 46:12 – Be unorthodox and challenge the “best-practices” of your given skill
- – 46:29 – “This takes a lifetime to learn” is something people say when they’re trying to defend their fiefdom
- – 46:44 – More often than not, it is said to deter people from trying
- – 48:31 – Tim’s key tools for automation
- – 48:47 – Boomerang as a Gmail extension
- – 50:14 – Delegate anything that consumes attention rather than time
- – 53:32 – Ari —
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message