# Episode 123
In Episode #123 Ari sits down with peak-performance guru Todd Herman of _[The Peak Athlete](http://www.thepeakathlete.com/)_. During their conversation, Ari and Todd talk about what makes for a winning mindset on (and off) the field, as well as the importance of creating an effective feedback loop.
**Special Announcements:** ## [Less Doing Live Event](https://lessdoinglabs.businessresearchgroup.org/sales/live-event-optin) The **Less Doing LIVE Event** in NYC is _less than six months away_! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit [LessDoingLive.com](http://www.lessdoinglive.com/) to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from **May 1st – 3rd**.
[Less Doing System Seminar](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) Join Ari Meisel, the master of “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of **New York City on March 9th, 2015**. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are **100% free**. To register, go to [Eventbrite](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seminar-less-doing-system-by-ari-meisel-tickets-14912003203) now!
[Mastermind Talks](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/) Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On **April 29th and 30th** , Ari will be featured at the _Mastermind Talks_ event in **Napa, California**. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “_Optimize, Outsource and Automate_” in wine country, click [here](http://www.mastermindtalks.com/).
**Time Stamped Show Notes:**
– 34:13 – Introduction of Todd Herman, founder of _[The Peak Athlete](http://www.thepeakathlete.com/)_
– 34:30 – Todd and root beer
– 36:14 – What makes a _good _root beer
– 37:15 – Todd explains how he get into the “mindset” business
– 40:05 – The most prevalent stumbling block for athletes and professionals is…
– 40:25 – Caring what other people think; fear of judgment and criticism
– 41:30 – The difference between working with professional athletes and entrepreneurs/high-level executives
– 43:30 – The “work mode” versus the “non-work mode”
– 44:05 – Why _authenticity _is a fallacy
– 45:14 – Todd’s meta-model for sports in general
– 45:19 – There are fundamental principles that weave through every sport
– 45:40 – Todd doesn’t tell his clients how to be more _skilled _at their sport, he tells them how to subtract, delete and remove the unnecessary
– 47:10 – _Sweethearts _cannot exist in sports; a killer-instinct is needed
– 48:40 – Todd’s coaching style is like being thrown into a washing machine
– 49:30 – _Motivation is a you-thing, it’s not a me-thing_
– 49:50 – Asking people the _why _questions are the questions that get to the root of desire; _why _questions are the “well-diggers”
– 51:05 – Goals-setting
– 51:25 – _90-days is the horizon line for the mind_
– 53:05 – People are _great _at sticking to their goals when they have feedback loops that are closed frequently
– 53:20 – If the feedback loops are too long, we get distracted and lose focus
– 53:40 – Stack “wins” on top of each other…the bigger your stack, the more confidently you will play
– 54:40 – People who have something going for themselves already are the ideal client for Todd
– 56:30 – Todd’s _Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective_:
– 56:39 – Reflect back
– 57:29 – Be honest about where you are today
– 58:24 – Get _great _at setting up 90-day sprints (goals) for yourself
– 59:00 – ThePeakAthlete.com
– 59:30 – Ari recaps his Less Doing live event
**7 Key Points:**
- The most prevalent stumbling block for people?—Caring what others thing.
- Authenticity is a fallacy.
- — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lessdoing/message